Saturday, March 26, 2011

Rule of 3 and Open House On Demand!

open house on demand?


I have a rule of three. If my brain takes note at least 3 times on something interesting I've seen, heard or dreamt, I scribble out a plan.

Last weekend, I was doing the proverbial Sunday Open House from 1pm to 2pm.  And In walks a person I've seen at this same house, same open day/time about a month prior.  I said, "Hey! Long time no see! Came to look again?" The young lady responded, "YES! I've been waiting for you to do another open house on this place."

HUH? I thought. Brain spark.

"Well, you still have my card from last time?" I asked.  "Yep!" She said. "Then, why didn't you just call me then?! I can show it to you any time!"

She said that she didn't want to put me out by calling and scheduling a showing. She said she'd just prefer to stop by when the house had a scheduled open.

It is then that I thought to myself, This is like the third time someone has said they didn't want to bother anyone, and just want to see the house during an open. Third time.....third....time....THIRD TIME! stop.....Rule of 3.....make a note to self.

So now it's Monday. I've got to put in ads for the next weekend. Gotta schedule open houses. I have 9 great listings, limited time and can't possibly do opens for ALL of them in the same weekend.  But people are waiting to see these homes! Then it hits me.

I'll do OPEN HOUSES ON DEMAND. I can have a bunch of listings available to show for a vast space of time BOTH Saturday and Sunday!!  All I have to do is make signs that say "Open House on Demand! Call on the fly or schedule a time between 11am and 6pm you'd like to see this home!"

Hmmm...Open House On Demand? Yeah, I know its weird. Probably a bit clumsy and confusing at this point. But I think this just might work. 

I'm putting my internal self-editor on hold. I'm choosing to let that brain spark ignite and fire away. I'm gonna trust my rule of 3. I might stumble, but then I'll skip and eventually I'm going to hone this puppy down.

Let's see how this goes!! Wish me luck!  Heck, you can always set your own open house on demand and let me know what you think!  Saturdays or Sundays between the hours of 11am and 6pm! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment